One of the most impactful ways for you to support our ministries is by including Messiah in your estate. With prayerful planning you can leave a legacy of generosity and make sure the ministries you care about are supported for generations to come.
Wills and Trusts
One of the simplest ways for you to make a charitable gift for the future is through your will or trust. You can designate a specific dollar amount or piece of property (such as your home, farm, or investment property), or you can define your bequest as a percentage of your estate.
You can deduct a charitable bequest or trust distribution for federal estate and Nebraska inheritance tax purposes.
If you already have a will or trust, your attorney can prepare a simple codicil or trust amendment to make a gift to Messiah.
There are many different financial arrangements that allow you to name Messiah as beneficiary or contingent beneficiary:
- Retirement plans and individual retirement accounts
- Bank accounts or certificates of deposit
- Investment accounts
- Life insurance
See your financial advisor, banker, life insurance agent, retirement plan administrator, or IRA custodian to obtain the necessary forms. You may also want to consult your estate planning advisor to make sure your charitable gift is coordinated with your estate plan.
Life Estate Arrangements
For many, your home is your most valuable asset. You could use your home to make a significant charitable gift while still living there. A retained life estate may offer the key to unlocking just such a gift.
A retained life estate allows you to give a personal residence, farm, or vacation home to Messiah and retain the right to live in it for the rest of your life or for a term of years. You receive an immediate charitable tax deduction when the property is transferred to Messiah. When the term ends, Messiah sells the property and uses the proceeds to benefit Messiah ministries and grow our foundation.
How to Name Messiah Ministries
- In order to direct the funds appropriately, when you name Messiah Lutheran in your charitable plans, please direct your gift to “Messiah Lutheran Foundation, Inc., of Lincoln, Nebraska.”
- If needed, our tax ID Number is 36-3652220.
- When you name Messiah Lutheran as part of your charitable plan, please contact us to let us know. We want to properly celebrate and honor your generosity and ensure that we understand your goals and intentions.
- Complete our Planned Giving Declaration of Intent form to document how your gifts impact Messiah ministries. This declaration can be amended from time to time as your ministry passions change or expand.