New to Messiah?
Welcome to Messiah
Welcome! I appreciate your taking time to learn more about our Messiah family, and believe you’ll find that we’re passionate about God’s Word, worship, fellowship, and serving others.
I consider it a great honor to serve as senior pastor alongside a gifted and passionate ministry team. God is doing incredible things through our many ministries – on campus, in our community, and around the world.
Get to know us, join us for worship, and become part of our Messiah family! Get involved where God can bless you, and where He can work through you to bless others.
What to Expect
Want a glimpse of what it’s like at Messiah?
- We’re located at 1800 S 84th Street, which is between South Street and A Street, on the east side of 84th.
- You’ll enter our parking lot from 84th Street.
- The church entrance is designated as “Main Entrance” and faces north.
- Since 84th Street can be very busy at times, we hire a Lincoln police officer to help you get in and out of our parking lot for Sunday morning worship.
- We worship on Sunday mornings at 8:00a, 9:30a, and 11:00a.
- We worship with all ages together.
- Bring your Bible, use one of ours, or use a Bible app. You’ll want to take notes as we navigate through entire books of the Bible during our Sunday sermon series’.
- If you don’t have a Bible of your own, you’re welcome to have one of ours.
- You’ll hear the rock-solid truths of the Word in our pastor’s scripture-based and relevant to real life messages.
- We sing new songs and old ones in a modern, blended style, led by our worship team.
- Each service includes a time to confess our sins and receive forgiveness, prayer, and Communion every Sunday for those who share our beliefs.
- Please stop by our Welcome Center desk in the Great Hall and visit with us if you have any questions.
- In the pews, you’ll find Guest Info cards to help answer some basic questions you may have.
- Our ushers, deacons, elders, staff, and volunteers are also here to help. Just look for our name tags!
- After the service, one of our Pastors, an elder, or deacon will be available at the front of the sanctuary to visit with you and pray with you.
- Please call the church office 8:00a-4:00p Monday-Friday, to let us know how we can help.
- A wheelchair accessible restroom is located between the sanctuary and Great Hall. Turn left as you exit the rear of the sanctuary, enter the Family Room, and continue around to the right.
- Main restrooms: From the Great Hall outside the sanctuary, follow the hallway below the large stained glass window. Restrooms are just around the corner, to the right.
- Changing tables are available in the Family Room as well as in the main restrooms.
- For your child(ren)’s safety, please accompany them if they need to leave the sanctuary for any reason.
- We have always encouraged parents to feel free to keep their young ones in worship with the entire family.
- The presence of children is a gift to God’s family, and a reminder that our church is growing! We want everyone to feel at home here.
- God put the wiggle in children! don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- You’ll find Bibles for children and grownups to use during worship.
- If you need to nurse a baby, or you and your child(ren) need a quiet place to experience worship, we have a Family Room at the back of the sanctuary, furnished with rocking chairs, a changing table, and wheelchair accessible restroom. The worship service is broadcast into this room, and has a clear view of the sanctuary.
- You’ll never be judged for having a squeaky or squirmy child, but if you do need to step out of worship, our café is a great place to go. The worship service is broadcast to the TVs in that space, and it also gives your child some room to stretch their legs.
- There’s no need to worry about how to dress when you come to worship at Messiah. You will see people in dress clothes, jeans, or shorts and t-shirts.
- Before each worship service, we have a time of announcements which are relaxed and filled with humor.
- Come as you are and join us in a time of worship!
We offer three Sunday morning worship services, and want families to worship together. Rather than offering Sunday School at the same time as worship, we offer all of our Bible classes on Wednesday nights. Classes are available for all ages, three years old and up. Childcare is available in the nursery for children 0-36 months.
We love having a time reserved for the whole family to worship together on Sunday mornings, and a time to study God’s Word together on Wednesday Nights. Check out the “Join a Bible Study” toggle below to find more study group times.
Find more info about all of our Wednesday Night classes by clicking here.
- We believe our online worship time is just as meaningful as our in person experience.
- We welcome those who aren’t able to be here in person, on campus, to join us in worship online at 9:30a Central Time on Sunday mornings.
- You can also watch our past worship services at any time.
- Whether you regularly worship with us online from here in Lincoln, from the other side of the globe, or from the International Space Station, please consider yourself a part of our Messiah family. If you’d like to make that a little more official, our Welcome to Messiah class is one of your next steps.