NEW TO MESSIAH?
Welcome to Messiah
Welcome! I appreciate your taking time to learn more about our Messiah family, and believe you’ll find that we’re passionate about God’s Word, worship, fellowship, and serving others.
I consider it a great honor to serve as senior pastor alongside a gifted and passionate ministry team. God is doing incredible things through our many ministries – on campus, in our community, and around the world.
Get to know us, join us for worship, and become part of our Messiah family! Get involved where God can bless you, and where He can work through you to bless others.
What to Expect
Want a glimpse of what it’s like at Messiah?
- We’re located at 1800 S 84th Street, which is between South Street and A Street.
- You’ll enter our parking lot from 84th Street.
- The church entrance is designated as “Main Entrance” and faces north.
- Since 84th Street can be very busy at times, we hire a Lincoln police officer to help you get in and out of our parking lot for Sunday morning worship.
- We worship on Sunday mornings at 8:00a, 9:30a, and 11:00a.
- We worship with all ages together.
- Bring your Bible, use one of ours, or use a Bible app. You’ll want to take notes as we navigate through entire books of the Bible during our Sunday sermon series’.
- You’ll hear the rock-solid truths of the Word in our pastor’s scripture-based and relevant to real life messages.
- We sing new songs and old ones in a modern, blended style, led by our worship team.
- Each service includes a time to confess our sins and receive forgiveness, prayer, and Communion on the 1st and 3rd Sundays for those who share our beliefs.
- There’s no need to worry about how to dress when you come to worship at Messiah. You will see people in dress clothes, jeans, or shorts and t-shirts.
- Before each worship service, we have a time of announcements which are relaxed and filled with humor.
- Come as you are and join us in a time of worship!
- We have always encouraged parents to feel free to keep their young ones in worship with the entire family.
- The presence of children is a gift to God’s family, and a reminder that our church is growing! We want everyone to feel at home here.
- God put the wiggle in children! don’t feel you have to suppress those wiggles in God’s house.
- If you need to nurse a baby, or you and your child(ren) need a quiet place to experience worship, we have a room at the back of the sanctuary, furnished with rocking chairs, a changing table, and wheelchair accessible restroom. The worship service is broadcast into this room, and has a clear view of the sanctuary.
- You’ll never be judged for having a squeaky or squirmy child, but if you do need to step out of worship, our café is a great place to go. The worship service is broadcast to the tv’s in that space, and it also gives your child some room to stretch their legs.
When we expanded to three Sunday morning worship services, we didn’t want to separate families by offering Sunday School at the same time as worship.
We decided to move all of our Sunday Bible classes to Wednesday nights.
We love having a time reserved for the whole family to worship together on Sunday mornings, and a time to study God’s Word together on Wednesday Nights.
Find more info about Wednesday Nights by clicking here.
- We believe our online worship time is just as meaningful as our in person experience.
- We welcome those who aren’t able to be here in person, on campus, to join us live online via our livestream worship service at 9:30a Central Time on Sunday mornings.
- You can also watch our past worship services at that same link at any time.
- Whether you regularly view our livestream from here in Lincoln, from the other side of the globe, or from the International Space Station, please consider yourself a part of our Messiah family. If you’d like to make that a little more official, our Welcome to Messiah class is one of your next steps.