We encourage everyone at Messiah to find the areas where God is leading them to serve. Please check out the lists below, and connect with the leaders of the areas you're interested in. Click the button below to help us help you find your fit.
We use plenty of volunteers on Sunday mornings. Here are some ways you can help:
- Usher – serve one month per quarter
- Greeter – welcome guests with a smile
- Scripture Reader – read assigned scripture during worship
- Cafe Crew – help with coffee and donuts
- Van Drivers – transport off campus guests to worship
- AV Room – assist with cameras for livestream, change slides, or help the livestream run smoothly.
- Outdoor hospitality (orange vests) – help guests in lot
- Welcome Desk – direct people where to go, take info, answer questions
To find out more about any of these ways to serve, just click the links above.
There are a few ways to get involved with our children’s ministry at Messiah:
- VBS Helper – During one exciting week in June, we need over 100 adults to help serve more than 300 children that come to Messiah for Vacation Bible School.
- Wednesday Night Assistant – Wednesday evening volunteers help in a variety of ways with the children’s portion of our Wednesday nights at Messiah.
If you sing and/or play any instrument including drums, bass, piano, acoustic or electric guitar, violin, tuba, kazoo, or any other instrument, apply for the music team!
We love to work in our community to help people in need. Here are some ways you can help in the Lincoln area and beyond:
- Home in a box – Help collect home furnishings and deliver them to families who are breaking out of homelessness and moving into their first home that they’ve enjoyed for a time.
- Orphan Grain Train – Volunteer at the Lincoln donation center, or donate clothing.
- Common Threads – Create human care items such as: pillowcases and bedding for missions, infant care kits, and Days for Girls items, which are shipped all over the world.
- Days for Girls – Create beautiful, washable, reusable menstrual care kits for girls and women who have no access to what they need—girls and women who would otherwise have to miss school or work, just because it’s “that time of month.”
- King Lake Flood Relief – In March of 2019, a large portion of Eastern Nebraska suffered through devastating floods. Messiah has partnered with residents of the King Lake area to help rebuild their homes. Most Saturdays, a group of dedicated volunteers goes there for a day of work on various projects.
- Angel Tree and Mitten Tree – Each December and January, we collect gifts to give to people in need, and also scarves, hats and mittens for the cold winter months.
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Help to assemble and deliver baskets of food to families that could use some assistance around Thanksgiving.
- Baby Item Donations – A January drive to collect items for parents and their children. We partner with organizations in town to get donations to the people who need them the most.
- Quilts for Missions – Sew and tie quilts, lap robes, and children’s blankets that are donated to missions, rehab hospitals, and children’s service organizations.
- Messiah Ministries & Outreach – Give us a call 402.489.3024 and ask for Amy Lofgren to find more ways to connect and serve.