Who we are
Our Mission at Messiah is to Love God, Love Others, & Share Christ.
This really is the mission of all of God's people on earth. These actions drive all that we do at Messiah.
We encourage people to worship weekly, read their Bible daily, and put God first in their lives.
We actively work in our community to help meet people’s physical needs, in order to earn the right to meet their spiritual needs.
We are all missionaries, so we invite everyone that is a part of the Messiah family to openly share their love for Christ in their day-to-day lives.
Some call Messiah the place where we:
- Gather to worship and grow in God’s Word – online and/or in person.
- Meet for Bible study and mentoring in order to grow as followers of Jesus.
- Send our children for preschool or elementary school.
- Genuinely care for one another and share real life with each other.
- Give to help the hungry, the homeless, and the under-resourced individuals and families here in Lincoln and around the world.
We would love for you to experience these same things. If you are not yet connected to a church family, please know that you’re always welcome, and we would love for you to be a part of our family.
We want you to feel like you can be yourself in the joys and challenges of life. When life is tough, there’s no need to put on a fake smile and pretend like everything is fine.
- Hang out in our cafe after worship, or come on over after dropping your children off at school and share in life’s ups and downs.
- We look to the Word of God and the teachings of Jesus Christ to help us navigate life together.
- We strive to be in God’s Word every day through personal study, small groups, and worship.
- In 1930, Calvary Lutheran Church made a promise to provide Word and Sacrament ministry and Christian education for the Lincoln community. They expanded on this promise when, in the early 1970’s, they built an elementary school on our current site and began holding worship services in the gym. They called this new location “Calvary East.”
- In the early 1980’s, a group of families from Calvary started the process of forming a new congregation that would also take over operation of the school. Calvary East officially became Messiah Lutheran Church and School on August 1st, 1988.
- Since then, we’ve kept Calvary’s original promise and have continued to grow God’s Kingdom through Messiah’s church and school ministries.
- In 1996, we added a beautiful new worship sanctuary with lower level educational spaces. This allowed our church, school, and preschool ministries to grow.
- With continued blessings and growth, we determined that we needed even more space to grow all areas of ministry. As a result, in the summer of 2020, we opened a brand new building addition, equipped with twelve new classrooms, music room, library, multiple meeting rooms, a cafe for fellowship, and more.
- We continue to keep our promise to bring God’s Word, sacraments, and Christ-centered education to the people of Lincoln and surrounding communities. We look forward to fulfilling the vision God puts before us in order to reach more and more people with the love of Jesus. To Him be the glory!!