Our team has a love and passion for ministering to people who are homebound, widowed, seniors, and those going through difficult times. We care for people in need of spiritual, social, physical, and emotional support, and we provide companionship and friendship.
How we help
During the months of January and October every year, we collect baby items for the Pregnancy Center. Your donations help us show our love, support, and concern for young parents and their unborn children, and demonstrates our commitment to those who have chosen life. Contact Kathy Carter 402.416.8953 or Faye Darling 402.488.2497.
- Do you or someone you know need a ride to worship on Sunday? One of our uber caring drivers will give you a lyft to our 9:30a service, in a Messiah van! Call the church office 402.489.3024 for more info, or to be included on the schedule.
- We need more people to drive peeps to church for worship on Sunday mornings! Volunteers serve no more than one Sunday a month, bringing people to our 9:30 service in the church van.
- Contact Marcia 402.489.3024 for more info.
Each year, during the month of November, we gather your food donations to prepare Thanksgiving meals for families in need. We keep turkeys in our freezer until delivery. Other items we’d like are potatoes, stuffing, canned vegetables, gravy, pumpkin pies, dinner rolls, etc. After the 9:30a service on the 18th, the baskets will be ready for delivery. Your donations show care, compassion, and love to families in need, who greatly appreciate having a wonderful turkey dinner for Thanksgiving. This is also a very rewarding experience for the people on our delivery team too! Contact Kevin & Sarah Kohlhof 402.489.3024.
- Your donations of personal care and shelf-stable food items help provide for individuals and families in need.
- We keep a designated donation bin for The Lutheran Food Pantry and other ministries in the Great Hall. You may bring donations to church on Sundays during worship or weekdays 8:00-4:00.
- Contact Nancy Elswick 303.917.6955 for more info.
The Health Ministry Team promotes the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the people of Messiah and the communities we serve. Our team members include nurses and other healthcare professionals.
Click here for more info.
If you or someone you know would like to receive Communion at home, please contact Pastor Dustin Lappe 402.489.3024.
On the first Monday evening of each month, we offer a Communion service for those who are unable to worship with us on Sundays. Contact the church office for more info 402.489.3024.
- We visit people in need of spiritual, social, physical, and emotional support, and provide companionship and friendship. Contact Faye Darling 402.488.2497 for more info.
- People who sponsor Sunday’s altar flowers can brighten someone’s day by choosing to have the bouquet(s) delivered to our homebound friends.
- We make and deliver fun packages full of treats, snacks, and other items for our senior friends.