We encourage everyone at Messiah to find the areas where God is leading them to serve. Please check out the lists below, and connect with the leaders of the areas you're interested in. Click the button below to help us help you find your fit.
We use plenty of volunteers on Sunday mornings. Here are some ways you can help:
- Usher – serve one month per quarter
- Greeter – welcome guests with a smile
- Scripture Reader – read assigned scripture during worship
- Cafe Crew – help with coffee and donuts
- Van Drivers – transport off campus guests to worship
- AV Room – assist with cameras for livestream, change slides, or help the livestream run smoothly.
- Outdoor hospitality (orange vests) – help guests in lot
- Welcome Desk – direct people where to go, take info, answer questions
To find out more about any of these ways to serve, just click the links above.
There are a few ways to get involved with our children’s ministry at Messiah:
- VBS Helper – During one exciting week in June, we need over 100 adults to help serve more than 300 children that come to Messiah for Vacation Bible School.
- Wednesday Night Assistant – Wednesday evening volunteers help in a variety of ways with the children’s portion of our Wednesday nights at Messiah.
If you sing and/or play any instrument including drums, bass, piano, acoustic or electric guitar, violin, tuba, kazoo..or any other instrument, apply for the music team! Involvement includes participation in any or all events and services where worship music is needed.
We love to work in our community to help those in need. Here are some ways you can help those in the Lincoln area, and beyond:
- Check out our Outreach page for more ways to connect with and help others!
- King Lake Flood Relief – In March of 2019, a large portion of Eastern Nebraska suffered through devastating floods. Messiah has partnered with residents of the King Lake area to help rebuild their homes. Most Saturdays, a group of dedicated volunteers goes there for a day of work on various projects.
- Angel Tree and Mitten Tree – Each December and January, we collect gifts to give to people in need, and also scarves, hats and mittens for the cold winter months.
- Thanksgiving Baskets – Help to assemble and deliver baskets of food to families that could use some assistance around Thanksgiving.
- Baby Item Donations – A January drive to collect items for mothers and their children. We partner with a few different organizations in town to get those donations to the people who most need them.
- Home in a box – Help collect home furnishings and deliver them to families who are breaking out of homelessness and moving into their first home that they’ve enjoyed for a time.
- Orphan Grain Train – volunteer at the Lincoln donation center.
- Common Threads – Create human care items such as: pillowcases and bedding for missions, and infant care kits, which are shipped all over the world.
- Days for Girls – Create sustainable, reusable menstrual care kits for girls and women who have no access to what they need—girls and women who would otherwise have to miss school or work, just because it’s “that time of month.”
- Altar Care – Set up for communion and help clean up after, fill the altar candles, and clean around the altar area.