The Health Ministry Team promotes the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the people of Messiah and the communities we serve. Our team members include nurses and other healthcare professionals.
APRN MSN FNP-C
How We Help
We do free blood pressure screening from 9:00-9:30a, on the 2nd Sunday of every month, in the Gray Room. The Gray Room is located across the hall from the Café.
- Grief Class – Each year, we offer a 6-week grief care class based on the book, Beyond the Broken Heart. Contact Lynette Thelen or Kathy Carter for more info on our next class.
- Encourager Group – If you have suffered the death of a loved one and would like to meet with others who have experienced that as well, join us monthly for friendship, food and fun! We typically meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month to visit a local winery, try a new restaurant, take part in a service project, or enjoy other activities. Contact Jan Beck or Kathy Carter for more info
- Collaboration –We work with Messiah’s Security Team and Ushers on universal precautions and first aid.
- The First Aid Kit and Trauma bag are located in the usher’s closet by the Welcome Desk in the Great Hall, the School Office, and in the outbuilding.
- The AED’s are located (1) to the right of the Kitchen Extension window/counter and (2) in the school’s Parent Lounge.
- Portable First Aid Kit, airway, and oxygen saturation monitor are in the bag on top of the AED in the Great Hall.
Each fall, we check vision, hearing, height, weight, and immunization records of Messiah School children.