The Health Ministry Team promotes the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the people of Messiah and the communities we serve. Our team members include nurses and other healthcare professionals.
APRN MSN FNP-C
Lunch and Learn 11:30a-12:30p May 30 in The Space at Messiah
Bring your sack lunch and drink with you, and come enjoy a presentation on Balance and Fall Prevention by Laura Corebridge from Bryan Health. Text or call Kathy Carter APRN 402.416.8953 for more info.Sponsored by Messiah’s Health Ministry Team.
How We Help
We do free blood pressure screening from 9:00-9:30a, on the 2nd Sunday of every month, in the Yellow Room. The Yellow Room is located along the south wall of the Café.
- Grief Class – Each year, we offer a 6-week grief care class based on the book, Beyond the Broken Heart. Contact Lynette Thelen or Kathy Carter for more info on our next class.
- Encourager Group – If you have suffered the death of a loved one and would like to meet with others who have experienced that as well, join us monthly for friendship, food and fun! We typically meet on the 3rd Thursday of the month to visit a local winery, try a new restaurant, take part in a service project, or enjoy other activities. Contact Jan Beck or Kathy Carter for more info
- Collaboration –We work with Messiah’s Security Team and Ushers on universal precautions and first aid.
- The First Aid Kit and Trauma bag are located in the usher’s closet by the Welcome Desk in the Great Hall, the School Office, and in the outbuilding.
- The AED’s are located (1) to the right of the Kitchen Extension window/counter and (2) in the school’s Parent Lounge.
- Portable First Aid Kit, airway, and oxygen saturation monitor are in the bag on top of the AED in the Great Hall.
Each fall, we check vision, hearing, height, weight, and immunization records of Messiah School children.
We’re here to help connect you with people and resources for your health needs. Contact Kathy Carter for more info.
Gracepoint Institute for Relational Health provides counseling services for individuals, couples, and families. On-site and tele-health counseling available in Lincoln and Omaha. Click here for more info.